Thursday, July 29, 2004

Arteaga, Mexico

Mexico is much slower than what I'm used to.  They are in no rush to wake up and start the day, and there's never a pressing feeling to be on time.  Even people who have a full day of work get a two hour break for luch and rest.  The town I'm living at is quiet, peaceful, tranquilo.  Even the breeze knows how to rock the trees to the rhythm of the lullabye that whispers through the town.  As relaxing as this sounds, I do get bored at times.  To my family, I'm the most exciting thing around- thus my gossip is typically the center of conversation.  But when I can't take anymore smiling and nodding and trying to understand, I slip inconspicuously into the bathroom and entertain myself by popping my pimples or plucking my eyebrows.  Sometimes, if I've waited long enough, I can clip my toenails! 

Okay, my trip isn't that depressing.  This is only sometimes- when I'm not filming, playing with kids, dodging nuns, swimming in baby pools, or moving from town to town...oh, or eating.  I do that too...a lot.  My belly is catching on to Mexico faster than my Spanish speaking ability.  I long for a stalk of celery.  I actually helped myself to three servings of vegetables today.  It's so rare I eat them, they actually taste really good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Misevicia said...

Amazing imagery, I can feel the lullaby caressing my face while being rocked to sleep only to be attacked by the discharge of pus.

August 31, 2005 at 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home