Thursday, July 08, 2004

Educacion de Mexico

Gringo is a term referring to Americans or ¨white people¨ that stems from the historical invasion into Mexican territory. When American soldiers rode into what is today considered ¨Texas¨, dressed in green uniforms, the protesting Mexicans would yell out in what little English they knew, ¨Green go!¨, thus forming the endearing term, Gringo.

Though I´ve been called Gringa a few times here in Mexico, I am treated very kindly. Mexicans are of the most hospitipal people I know. They feed me well (I´m turing into a healthy gordita), and I always have a smiling face to keep me company. The town where I live is tucked snug between mountains of enchanting beauty, and the wind blows cool and smooth on my face. Dios vive aqui, por cierto.

¡Viva la Mexico!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home