Thursday, July 29, 2004

Sweet Memories

I’m eating an icecream bar, specially imported from Chile.  A rich chocolate layer coats the outside of a creamy vanilla interior.  Every bite excites my tastebuds with a hungry desire as the chocolate melts seductively around my tongue in an orgasm of flavor in my mouth.  As if in a dream, my lips slowly recieve each bite, and I let the taste of sweet heaven dance on my tongue until every grain of sugar is savored with appreciation and extinguished of flavor.  Even then there’s no rush, and I wait to enjoy the lingering after-effects of such a delicacy.  The process must be slow because all things come to an end, and knowing the limitations gives me an earthly longing for the devine.  

Suddenly my tongue slips in eager haste, and I swallow a bite whole, void of taste.  My eyes widen in panic as the realization floods my body of what has happened.  The resentment sets in as the opportunity flees down my throat, and I’m one bite closer to the end.  I close my eyes and reorient myself.  After all, there’s still a few more bites of delicious goodness to remind me of better days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home